Frequently Asked Questions
Membership Frequently Asked Questions
- How many gyms are there in my area? We are working to affiliate with more gyms every day. If you need help finding a gym, please give us a call 212-935-4441 and we will help you find a credited gym, if we have no affiliates in your area, we will still do the research for you and find the gym with the best fit for your needs.
- Even though I train or trained at a school or gym that is not affiliated with the uwmta, can I still get certified for my rank and level with you? Yes, we will check with your current or past Kru or instructor and give you a certification for that rank or level, all free or charge. ( Printed 11x17 certificate - addition fee )
- I want to open my own school, How many years of training does it take to become a certified teacher in Muay Thai or Muay Boran? And will the uwmta back me with credentials ? Well to answer the first question, anyone can open a gym or school, but the more years of training you have the better teacher-Kru you will be. In most cases a junior Instructor is about 5-7 years or so depending on the student.
- To become a senior instructor take s about 10 years. A Junior instructor can teach beginner to intermediate students. Yes, if you open a new gym and we feel you have the right training we will back you and your school by sending web traffic your way and recommending new student in your area to your gym all 100% free.
- Does the uwmta charge for affiliate pages or spots on your website? NO, any school or gym may advertise their gym free of charge, even if they are not registered as a official affiliate school of the uwmta.
Members Martial Arts Database
World Black Belt Association Questions
- When I Join the UWMTA, do I automatically get my name put in the World Blackbelt Associations list
- Answer : No, you will need to let us know that you would like to be listed in both Martial Arts Databases.