We have limited Functionality at this time please visit us again soon
Welcome to the United World Muay Thai Association Website.
What ever your reasons for deciding to study the Muay Thai Arts - Maybe to learn self Defense or to keep in good physical shape or to learn the philosophy or simply to reduce stress. or maybe to develop more discipline or become the next big Mixed Martial Arts fighter- You have made the right decision. Here at the United World Muay Thai Association we can help you custom tailor your Martial Arts Skills to fit your needs and goals. 1. Student Certification and Advancement 2. Instructor Certification and Advancement 3. Help with Custom Curriculums for Schools.
Introduction to Muay Thai
the martial art of Muay Thai is practiced all over the world, although it is most common in Thailand (where it is the countries national sport) and other south east Asia countries. Although Muay Thai literally means Thai boxing, it is spoken of in Thailand as being the martial art of eight limbs (the shins, knees, elbows and hands). Together, these eight limbs are known as the "na-wa arwud". The head is another part of the body which is included in this, however it is now very rarely allowed within rules to be used (such as head butts). Muay Thai's techniques revolve around these points of the body, and as explained further in the practice/training section of this guide - mainly consist of punching, kicking, kneeing, and clinching...........
What you will find here
1. Information on the Muay Thai arts, new articles and Information on Muay Thai Ranking Systems for students in the United States.
2. United World Muay Thai Association Members Database.
3. Black Belt Association Members Database.
4. Muay Thai Schools in your area and around the world.
5. World MMA News and Events.
6. Pro Fighter Database - in development.
7. United World Muay Thai Association Events and Promotions.
8. Instructional Videos - Coming soon...
9. Muay Thai Seminars and Workshops in your area.
10. Muay Thai Partner and Affiliate Event Investment and Promotion.
11. Partner Fights, Events and Seminars.